My favorite go-to lunch on a hot summer day!
I have discovered Vegan Zeastar from Vegan Finest Foods and I was pleasantly surprised by their texture. The texture is just like raw fish!
Simply two dressings for this poke, citrus soy for the salad and siracha mayo for no-salmon sashimi.
- 400g thawed vegan sashimi of your choice (I used Vegan Zeastar Zalmon sashimi), cut into small cubes
- 2 cups of leftover sushi rice (unseasoned), divided
- Salad mix (I like mine with mache, cucumber, cherry tomato, sweet pointed red pepper and red onion)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients together, the dressing should be tangy and fragrant. Toss in greens, set aside.
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp siracha
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp finely sliced scallion
- A pinch of togarashi or gochugaru
Mix all ingredients together and toss with vegan sashimi.
To assemble: Serve salad on the side and sashimi over reheated leftover rice.