Another classic condiments to serve together with pita, falafels, shashlik or kebab. Alternatively, serve along with a simple grilled chicken.
- 150g Full fat Greek or thick plain yogurt (I used 4.5%)
- 2 mini cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise, seeded and chopped into small chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- About 3 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, combine cucumber chunks with a large pinch of fine sea salt, then let them sit for 10 minutes to sweat. After 10 minutes, use your hand to squeeze out as much water out from the cucumber chunks as possible and transfer to a small clean bowl.
Mix remaining ingredients with cucumber, adjusting to taste with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Keep sauce in the fridge until serving. Serve with grilled meat, falafel (find recipe HERE) and pita/naan (find recipe HERE).