Just put on the kettle and boil some water. Your lunch is ready in 10 minutes.
- 2/3 Cup wholegrain couscous
- 2/3 Cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2-3 snack peppers or about half a bell pepper. diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- a handful black olives, sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chicken flavoured vegan stock powder
- a pinch of chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Boil equal amount of water as couscous and dissolve 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock with water. Pour stock into a large mixing bowl together with a tablespoon of olive oil and add couscous. Mix well with a fork, cover and let sit for 5 minutes until couscous are fully rehydrated. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the dish.
Drain cooked chickpeas, set aside. Reserve chickpea water (aquafaba) for other purposes as vegan egg white for baking.
Use a fork to loosen couscous, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle ground cumin and curry powder, toss until coated all over couscous. Add the remaining ingredients, toss well. Squeeze lemon juice all over curry couscous salad just before serving.